LRHybrid100 Website

Diary of 300 TDI install into the Range Rover - Updated 02.05.2005

Day 15 Rebuild RR Engine bay



One of the things that still surprises me is how many TDI's still have the plastic plugs on both the thermostat housing and the radiator.

For $5 each you can replace them with the brass ones the V8 RR motors used (ERR4686) - mine like most broke off when trying to remove.

A new QH thermostat was also installed



When I ran the engine before the removal I noticed there was a noise coming from the turbo, when the turbo was removed the turbine had too much movement. The good guys at www.ritters.com.au (THX Craig) replaced it in a flash.

Ritters supplied the complete panel damaged car for me to do the conversion myself.

So the turbo needed to be swapped:



Replacement turbo now installed:



Now to the plumbing of the radiator / intercooler / air con / oil cooler for the auto etc into the RR engine bay:



I am using the bracket that usually holds the fuse box on a D1 as my auxillary fuse box area - the bracket also holds the radiator header tank:



and the dedication continues.....

Email: LRHybrid100@hotmail.com