Semester 1 2013
News & Events
Courses & Activities
Creative & Crafty
Computers & Internet
Courses & Activities - Creative & Crafty
Come and try your hand using watercolours, inks.
Informal group of people wanting to create art in
a social space.
Monday 10:00am - 12:00noon, weekly
Term 1: 05 Feb - 26 Mar (8 weeks)
Term 2: 16 Apr - 25 Jun (11 weeks)
||$2 per session
Come and enjoy making art in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere using various methods including drawing, painting, mixed media and print making. You will also explore a range of techniques using various materials such as graphite, charcoal, ink, paper and paint, to create individual artworks.
Wednesday 6:30pm - 8:30pm, weekly
|Fee & Enquiries:
Contact Vicky at Artworks Studio on 0417 372 073 or
for details. Concession available.
Spanish, Italian and English speaking teacher. Come for good company, for inspiration and to learn new skills.
Wednesday 1:00pm - 3:30pm, 1st & 3rd Wed of month
Term 1: 06 Feb, 20 Feb, 06 Mar, 20 Mar
Term 2: 03 Apr, 17 Apr, 01 May, 15 May, 05 Jun, 19 Jun
Bring along your project and work with like-minded people who are happy to share their expertise.
Sewing machines available, or bring your own.
Thursday 10:00am - 12:00noon, weekly
Term 1: 07 Feb - 28 Mar (8 weeks)
Term 2: 18 Apr - 27 Jun (10 weeks)
||$2 per session
Enquiries about any of our programs, activities or fees are welcome.
Please contact us to check if
a place is available in your chosen course/activity. We will guide you
through any forms and documentation.
- Unless specified otherwise, all courses and activities are held at Holden Street Neighbourhood House.
Problems with Access
Do you have problems accessing our programs? How can we help?
We are interested in broadening and improving our service. Tell us what else you need.
For more information on our current program or to share your ideas, please
contact our Neighbourhood Access Worker, Deb Sawyer.
Deb would be happy to meet with you, give you a tour of the House and introduce you to other
Swap - Borrow - Share
- Books: The book swap shelf has expanded to "shelves." Please join us by donating, borrowing or swapping. (Preferably borrowing—we are running out of space.)
- Jigsaws: Like doing jigsaws? What do you do with them once they are finished? Come and swap for one from our collection or just borrow one and bring it back when you are done. Donations of whole jigsaws welcome.
- Fruit, Veg, Herbs: Your excess produce will be used by our cooking classes or shared with community members. We also have a herbs and vegies that we are happy to share.
- Drop Off household batteries, corks, light globes, mobile phones, CDís DVDís VHS tapes and floppy discs, prescription glasses and sunglasses. We will take them to the council depot for you.