Semester 1 2013
News & Events
Courses & Activities
Computers & Internet
Courses & Activities - Outings
Bookings Essential - some destinations
and times will be confirmed closer to the date
to allow for suggestions and weather considerations.
Please check when booking. Bookings open 2 weeks before outing.
Half day outings to enjoy with new friends and a chance
to see and learn about local landmarks.
12:15pm - 4:00pm
Thursday 21 Feb - Heide
Thursday 18 Apr - to be confirmed - suggestions welcome
Thursday 16 May - to be confirmed - suggestions welcome
||$3 - $5 per trip depending on entrance fees
A chance to get "out of town" and enjoy a relaxing day
in the countryside.
9:30am - 4:00pm
Thursday 28 Mar - Point Cook Coastal Park
Thursday 27 Jun - to be confirmed - suggestions welcome
||$5 per trip but may be more due to entrance fees
Enquiries about any of our programs, activities or fees are welcome.
Please contact us to check if
a place is available in your chosen course/activity. We will guide you
through any forms and documentation.
- Unless specified otherwise, all courses and activities are held at Holden Street Neighbourhood House.
Problems with Access
Do you have problems accessing our programs? How can we help?
We are interested in broadening and improving our service. Tell us what else you need.
For more information on our current program or to share your ideas, please
contact our Neighbourhood Access Worker, Deb Sawyer.
Deb would be happy to meet with you, give you a tour of the House and introduce you to other
Swap - Borrow - Share
- Books: The book swap shelf has expanded to "shelves." Please join us by donating, borrowing or swapping. (Preferably borrowing—we are running out of space.)
- Jigsaws: Like doing jigsaws? What do you do with them once they are finished? Come and swap for one from our collection or just borrow one and bring it back when you are done. Donations of whole jigsaws welcome.
- Fruit, Veg, Herbs: Your excess produce will be used by our cooking classes or shared with community members. We also have a herbs and vegies that we are happy to share.
- Drop Off household batteries, corks, light globes, mobile phones, CDís DVDís VHS tapes and floppy discs, prescription glasses and sunglasses. We will take them to the council depot for you.