Holden Street has an accessible parking bay at the front of the building and an accessible toilet for people with disabilities.
Between June and September 2008, a number of disability access works were carried
out by the City of Yarra on the House:
- Alterations to the front gate to allow a clear opening of 800mm
- Front door re-hung to hinge the same side as the security door
- Door handle of front and security doors relocated (previously 1520mm to meet childcare regulations)
- Door handle of hall to kitchen door lowered
- Clothes hanging device located in accessible toilet
- Light switch in accessible toilet relocated to correct height
- Accessible toilet door repositioned and rehung to obtain correct latchside clearance
- Basin in accessible toilet replaced and repositioned
Many thanks to the City of Yarra for their ongoing and strong support.