What is Twister?
Twister is a program that generates a displacement that would usually take an extremely long time, or just be impossible to do in Hammer.
Twister started out as a program with the single purpose of generating a displacement that twisted 90 degrees along the central axis, to give the result of a lookalike of the twisted corridor from 'The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time'.
For a full history of the program, visit the Twister History page.
Using the save button in the 3D preview will ignore the length override setting in curve and corner modes. If you want to override length, use the "Go!" button on the main form.
Twister can generate:
- Twisted Walls
- Curves of multiple heights and angles
- Curved Ramps of multiple heights and angles
- Noise displacements
Please take some time in testing this release, and informing me of any crashes or bugs in the program,
and please inform me if you have any suggestions on what else Twister should Generate.
» Download Twister v1.1
Version History - Important stuff in italics.
- 1.1 - 08/11/2009 - Service release. Fixed those bloody commas again.
- 1.0 - 06/07/2009 - 3D should now work on 64-bit operating systems. Final release.
- 0.5c - 03/09/08 - 3D preview added! Yes, i caved.
- 0.5b - 29/08/08 - Random Heightmaps, Formula Generation, Convert to brushwork, and Statistics box added.
- 0.5a - 30/07/08 - Major Update. All code redone in a new language (C#). Sphere added (displacement mode only). Brushwork generation added. Goldsource generation added. Additional tweaks to functionality.
- 0.3b - 05/07/07 - Service release. Update check URL changed, so this version must be downloaded manually. Twist modified, smooth twist added.
- 0.3a - 12/02/07 - Version 3 VMF Generation added, code is now more efficient, executable slightly smaller.
- 0.2e - 27/01/07 - Bug in Heightmaps fixed. Thanks, NickelPlate! Displacement Resolution limit upped to 64.
- 0.2d - 26/01/07 - Added Generation of Heightmaps.
- 0.2c - 21/01/07 - Added Generation of Inside Cones.
- 0.2b - 17/01/07 - Added Generation of Inside Domes. Update check is now awesomely cool. You want until next version and see how much it rocks!
- 0.2a - 08/01/07 - Added Generation of Circles, Cones, and Domes. Update check now runs on a different thread so you can use the program while it is checking.
- 0.1h - 04/01/07 - Added Curved Corner Generation.
- 0.1g - 03/01/07 - 'Check for updates' added! Also, new 'noise' feature, which makes displacements bumpy - a bit better than the in-hammer one. The hammer one will mot surpass the value given +-0. Mine will not surpass the value given +-the points NEXT to it ;D.
- 0.1f - 02/01/07 - Program now works for swedish people! Also a few tweaks of the preview function. Fixed error with generated twists with a power of 3.
- 0.1e - 01/01/07 - Added live preview for Curve and allowed radius of curve to be changed. Text boxes now resize with the window, and custom icons!
- 0.1d - 31/12/06 - Added option to change displacement power in twist and limits for generation sizes applied.
- 0.1c - 31/12/06 - Fixed mystery button and added option to change displacement power (curve only).
- 0.1b - 31/12/06 - size changed and text files embedded. Ignore the second GO button on the curve page.
- 0.1a - 29/12/06 - First released version