Kirsty Kitto | Teaching · Research Students
I currently supervise the following students:
- Nikhil Sarathy: Data interoperability for lifelong learning
- Sophie Abel: Writing Analytics for HDR students
- Andrew Macfarlane: Categorical Measures of Organisational Systems
- Mojtaba Aliakbarzadeh: Modelling the human mental lexicon
- Andrew Gibson (2017), PhD,
Reflective writing analytics and transepistemic abduction
- Nev Schefe (2016), PhD, The Impact of Complexity in Information System-Driven Organizational Transformations
- Sebastian Cross (2016), Honours, Classifying and Automating the Detection of Help Seeking in Online Learning Environments
- Cameron Williams (2015), Honours, Evaluating framing effects in surveys of climate change beliefs: an iterative modeling strategy for integrating and refining psychological & cultural theory
- Zak Waters (2015), Honours, Using Structural Features to Improve the Automated Detection of Cognitive Presence in Online Learning Discussions.
I am particularly interested in recruiting students with a strong background in any of:
- learning analytics and educational data mining
- cognitive science
- computer science.
Have a look through my webpages and identify a topic that you find particularly appealing (or, better still, come up with your own idea).
Then, you should email me your CV, as well as a 3 page project proposal which discusses:
- Your research capacity and strengths.
- What you would like to work on as a research project.
- How you see your strengths as contributing to your proposed project.