Classes & Groups - Business & Information Technology
Want to know more about computers but don't want to enrol in a class where everyone is learning the same thing at the same time? Join this group and YOU choose what YOU want to learn from a friendly, experienced computer teacher. You can:
- Learn about computers to get a job
- Get help applying for jobs online, updating your resume, creating cover letters
- Learn how to send emails and attachments
- Copy digital camera photos onto a computer
- Burn files (including photos) onto a CD or DVD
- Sell your stuff on eBay and bid for bargains
- Understand and use Facebook
- Find out what Twitter is
- Use Microsoft Word to write letters, reports, your life story, etc
- Make greeting cards, brochures, signs and print them out
- Learn (even more) about using an iPad or an iPhone
- Keep your computer free from viruses and other nasties
- Get unbiased advice on which computer/laptop you should buy
- Access our online (ie eLearning!) library of lessons so that you have the flexibility of taking your training further anytime you choose within or outside the classroom (term bookings only)
- And so much more...
Absolute beginners and experienced computer users very welcome—our patient teacher will help you in a relaxed, welcoming environment. You can bring your own laptop (either Apple Mac or Windows operating systems are fine) or iPad. You can also use one of our desktop computers connected to broadband internet, scanner, black and white and colour printers.
Note that this is not a technical support group to fix broken computers.
|When:||10:00am - 12:00pm; every Monday|
$7.00 per session (term booking)
$10.00 per session (casual)
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL—term bookings mean you have an allocated regular spot in the group
Contact us to find out if a computer is available for you if you wish to attend on a casual basis.
CANCELLATIONS: Please let us know if you will not be coming to the group so we can offer your spot to someone else.
*** COURSE BOOKED OUT ***
Please contact us to put your name down for another computer course.
Want to improve your IT skills? Ever wondered what Social Media means? What is it all about?!
Join our small friendly group and explore this exciting technology. Topics covered include:
- COMPUTER BASICS: Overview of basic computer hardware and Windows systems; health and safety for desktop PCs and laptops
- INTERNET: Overview of online tools and techniques – search engines, website browsing; setting up an email address if learner does not already have a personal one
- SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Introduction to Social Media and Social Networking – what is it, why would you get involved with it, positive and negative aspects
- Overview of popular social media tools: blogs, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter
- Use a blog to facilitate social networking:
- Create articles using text and images
- Comment on an article
- Use a digital camera to capture images
- Basic digital photos editing
- Scan images, download images, upload images
- Transfer information from USB stick, DVD/CD
- INDIVIDUAL PROJECT: Depending on skill levels and interests, an individual project will be set for the remaining classes
|Prerequisites:||Basic computer skills and knowledge|
12:45pm - 3:45pm; every Tuesday for 9 weeks
12 March - 07 May 2013 Please contact us to put your name down for this course.
$100 / $70.00 concession (including $25.00 Administration fee)
This is an ACFE-funded course.
|Download:||Course Flyer [PDF, 83Kb]|