Sanctuary Christian Ministries - Doctrinal Statement
1. We believe the Bible that we have today is the inspired Word of God and the final authority for our Christian faith and actions.
2. There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
3. Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute and rose from the dead in the same body and ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
4. Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God; thus, he was alienated from his Creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
5. The salvation of man is wholly a work of God's free grace and is not the work of human works (no repentance is necessary for salvation - just faith). God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ.
6. The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. He gives spiritual gifts to Christians at His choosing. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer's life by faith and prayer.
7. Every believer is called to live a holy life in all walks of their life.
8. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
9. God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement.
10. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth - personally, visibly and bodily - to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
11. The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation.