We can supply you with printed tracts if you contact us by email at email@example.com|
(Click on images to enlarge)
Hey dude!!....what would you think if someone said:
1. Surfing doesn’t need waves!!....
2. Who cares about picking waves to surf on when
any waves will do. After all, surfing is just
sitting on a surfboard in the water all day long!!
3. I can surf on anything - no need for me to spend
money on a proper surfboard!
4. Why would I need surfing anyway - surfers are
just no-good, slack bludgers, right?.....read on....
Some surfers say the same about God - see the comparisons:
1. Life doesn’t need God!!....
2. Who cares about religion when any belief will do. After all, religion is just sitting around in church all day long!!....
3. I can believe anything - no need for me to find out proper beliefs that are true and accurate!....
4. Why would I need God anyway - religious people are just no-good, crazy hypocrites, right?
Each comment above can be compared with surfing in the following ways:
1. A surfer who says that they don’t need God in their life is like the person who says “waves aren’t needed to surf on. You can surf on flat water. Any surfer who talks about waves is wasting my time. Stop pushing your view that you need waves to surf on because I know better than you. SURFING DOESN’T NEED WAVES.”.....obviously, a person who believes this is wrong and foolish. The most simple-minded person knows that surfing needs waves. So too, we cannot just pretend that we don’t need God in our lives or that God doesn’t exist. The evidence of God’s existence is everywhere and we cannot enjoy life to the fullest without God. Every person has a spiritual part of them and their life is not complete without God. To say otherwise, my friend, is wrong and foolish. No God, No Life - Know God, Know Life. There is eternal life if you believe in God, or eternal death if you don’t. You need waves to have surfing, you need God to have life. Your eternal destination depends on it.
2. A surfer who says that any religion is ok is like a person who says “any waves are ok to surf on and there is no need to look at the weather reports or travel around the beaches to see what the waves are like. Stop being fussy and JUST SURF ON ANY WAVE.”.....obviously, a person who believes this doesn’t know anything about what is required to create the perfect wave to give the surfer the ultimate surfing experience. Picking the wrong wave can be dangerous - big ones can even kill you. So too, picking the wrong beliefs can be dangerous - big errors bring eternal death. It is important to believe the right things so that danger and destruction can be avoided. Believing anything we want doesn’t enhance our lives or make us happy, safe and prosperous - but believing the truth does. The reason that Christians believe in God, study the Bible and go to church is because they want to learn the truth and enjoy life to the fullest - especially eternal life.
3. A surfer who says that it doesn’t matter what you believe in is like a person who says “it doesn’t matter if you use a surfboard or not. Save your money and don’t buy a surfboard. SURFBOARDS ARE A WASTE OF TIME.” .....obviously, a person who believes this doesn’t know how the weight, shape and materials of a surfboard can determine how well a surfer can carve through the water and manoeuver the surfboard. The surfboard acts as a solid foundation for the surfer to ride a wave in the way that they want to. So too, the Bible provides a foundation for us to carve out our lives and guide us through all the ups and downs. It allows us to understand and relate to all that is going on around us. It gives us confidence, peace, security and a purpose for living. What we believe in is important and when we believe the Bible accurately, we have a solid foundation for all our beliefs and actions through-out our lives. We can make sense of the world. |
Churchianity vs Christianity - what??
Many people reject Christianity based on what they see the Church do, but the Church can often do things that are not what God wants - it can have many man-made ideas that we should reject. In other words, what the Church teaches (ie. Churchianity) can be very different to what the Bible teaches (ie. Christianity). It is therefore best if we read the Bible for ourselves and get a first-hand knowledge of what God says and how we can live according to His ways - this is accurate Christianity. For this reason, find a genuine local Church that teaches only from the Bible.
4. A surfer who says that they don’t need religion is like a person who says “don’t waste your time surfing. SURFERS ARE JUST NO-GOOD, SLACK BLUDGERS.”.....obviously, a person who believes this doesn’t realise how enjoyable surfing is. Everyone enjoys activities of some sort whether it is cycling, running, music....or surfing. If an activity gives us a thrill and a buzz, then it makes our lives more fulfilling. Surfing does this. It is also good exercise, offers stress relief and revitalizes the body by being in the sea air and the sunshine. So too, the Christian gets soaked in the spiritual power of God and receives the revitalising refreshment that comes with it. It’s enjoyable and although problems still arise, the Christian can handle them better because they have God helping them and guiding them through life. Christians also enjoy mixing with other Christians for friendship and they have a peace in their lives knowing that they have the assurance of eternal life and a home in heaven. It is a life worth living!
Here are some important questions to ask:|
- Are you ignoring God by not facing up to the error of your ways?
- Are you willing to miss out on the fulness of life because you stubbornly ignore to believe in God and see what He has to offer you?
- Are you trying to impress your friends or pretend that you are “tough enough” to handle life without God?....if so, you are:
1. surfing through your life without a spiritual wave;
2. not caring about the perfect spiritual wave that will make your life so amazing, joyful and fulfilling;
3. missing out on the solid, Biblical foundation to surf your life on; and 4. being slack about a very important issue - your eternal destiny.
Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God, came to earth as a human to die on the cross for your sins. He did this to pay the penalty of your sins and give you eternal life. You can receive His free gift of eternal life if you believe on Him and make Him the Lord and Saviour of your life. The Bible says:
1. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16) and
2. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:13).
Are you willing to ask Jesus to be your Saviour? Then please ask Him to save your soul in a prayer something like this:
“Lord, I know that I am a sinner. Up until now if I died, I would not go to Heaven. I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins, and come into my life and be my Saviour. Help me to live for you from this day forward. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
Let us know if you have made this decision for the very first time by phoning us on 0403134478 or 0410725792....or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - we would love to hear from you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________ Sanctuary Surfers.
WRITTEN BY PASTOR NEIL AITCHISON AND LUKE DRUMMOND
More information is at www.sanctuary.net.au
We can supply you with printed tracts if you contact us by email at email@example.com
(Click on images to enlarge)