Peter Carter’s home page
I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and worked for too long as a teacher and lecturer at primary, tertiary and secondary level (in that order). I’m now a freelance technical writer, editor (member of the Society of Editors (SA)), occasional HTML hacker (nothing fancy here — I’m more interested in content than eye candy, and this site is edited with BBEdit, not a WYSIWYG editor), and canoeing instructor.
Why do I wear a spanner hung around my neck? Here’s an explanation.
This picture, of Blanche Point and Gull Rock south of Adelaide, was a Pic of the Month on the CSICOP Web site for March 2004. Arrow points to the ‘I doubt it!’ sticker. First time my new Voyager had been at sea
- Australian Canoeing Sea Kayak Instructor (Level 2 (formerly Level 3))
- Formerly Secretary, Investigator Canoe Club
- Secretary, Adelaide Canoe Club
- Secretary, Canoe South Australia: Education
- Developer and sometime builder, Voyager sea kayak and the Platypus BAT
For some information on sea kayaking, I have brief details on the Australian scene with links to Australian and overseas sites, and a number of papers, listed at left
For some years I was a Primary Science specialist, and I’m beginning to put a few of the materials I developed years ago on the site...
- Hot air balloons
- Instructions, and warnings, on building your own small ones
Cycling and HPVs
- Editor, Cycle!, the magazine of Bicycle South Australia, the largest recreational cycling group in South Australia.
- Member, Moulton Bicycle Club
- Editor, S Aus Apple Users Club AppleSauce
- Member, Australian Computer Society
This site has been rebuilt to use CSS layout in place of tables, and validated to at least HTML 4.01 Transitional standard. Validated pages should render correcly in any standards-compliant browser. (That excludes Internet Explorer: I have better things to do with my time than mess with workarounds for Microsoft software.)