- Boy (in black with white gloves)
- Girl (in black with white gloves)
- Jesus (with back toward the audience)
- Guitarist (optional)
- Hands ... God gave us hands
- look at hands, a pleasant facial expression (4 beats) ... FREEZE
- Hands ... to create
- man bends down and makes an imaginary sand cake (4 beats) and gives it to
the girl who receives it happily ... FREEZE
- Hands ... to love
- man puts one arm around girl's shoulders (4 beats) happy faces ...
- Hands ... to help
- girl falls on knees, man comes forward and helps girl to stand ...
- Hands ... to give
- man bends down and picks 4 flowers (4 beats) and gives them to the girl who
receives them happily ... FREEZE
- Hands ... to protect
- girl hides behind man who comes forward in front of her as to protect ...
- BUT, our hands we have misused
- both move slowly back to standing position while clenching hands into fists
and throwing them forward on the word "misused" ... FREEZE
- Hands, made to create ...
- man bends down to create an imaginary sand cake while the girl looks down at
it (face hard)
- now destroy
- at "now" girl lifts right arm with fist and at "destroy" smashes gift. man
goes back astonished ... FREEZE
- Hands, made to love
- man puts arm around girl's shoulders happily
- now hate
- at "now" girl brings right arm in front of her and at "hate" swings fist
towards man's heart. Man reacts in pain ... FREEZE
- Hands, made to help
- girl falls on knees
- now, reject
- at "now" girl puts her arm up to ask for help and at "reject " man refuses and looks, the other way ... FREEZE
- Hands, made to give
- man bends down to pick flowers and gives them to girl happily. Girl looks down at him while he does this (face hard)
- now grab
- at "now" girl puts her right arm backwards and at "grab " takes the flowers (1 beat) breaks them (1 beat), throws them on the floor (1 beat) and squashes them underfoot (1 beat) ... FREEZE
- Hands, made to protect
- girl hides behind man with fear
- now let down
- at "now" man reaches backwards to the girl's shoulder and at "let down"
pushes her to her knees on the floor.
- man goes down on one knee beside her, facing away from the girl...
- But GOD reached out His loving hands to a destructive world. He picked
up His fallen creation and placed His hands around them.
- Jesus turns around and walks forward touching the people on the shoulders and raising them to their feet. Jesus arms rest around the people's shoulders.
- But they made Him a captive ... and nailed Him to the cross
- people turn around abruptly grabbing Jesus by the arms, then both bend to pick up a rock and pound His hands 3 time at the guitar beats ... FREEZE
- And they mocked Him
- people turn away from Jesus mocking and rejecting Him ... FREEZE
- And then Jesus, God's only son died
- Jesus dies and kneels down
- But Jesus didn't remain on the cross. He rose and lives!
- Jesus stands
- Now He walks through our streets stretching out His loving hands to all
who will come to Him
- Jesus comes forward with arms stretched open. He puts one hand in front of the person on left and one in front of person on right. People come to life excitedly examining His scarred hands.
- What will you do? Will you come to Him and put your hand in His?
- person on left looks into Jesus' face and puts her hand in Jesus' hand
- or will you reject Him?
- person on right looks into Jesus face and then rejects Jesus' hand. Person turns back on audience and puts head down.
- The choice is yours!!!
- Jesus steps forward with arms open to the audience as an invitation. Person on left stays back, but also opens arms as an invitation to the audience.
This document copyright (c) 1995 by Mathew Pole. Reproduction and/or
distribution for non-commercial purposes is permissible providing that
the drama is left fully intact. Permission is given to modify the
drama for personal use, under the condition that the changes are not
redistributed. Please send additions or corrections to
Mathew and Paulyn Pole (email@example.com)
Last changed: Saturday 12 August 1995