***Joana/Mancow's Outland Guide for Horde***
Welcome to Joana's 60-70 Burning Crusade Step-by-Step Outland Leveling Guide for Horde! Like my 1-60 guide, this guide is basically in the same format and is optimized for the fastest leveling possible in Outland. This will be the same pattern I plan on following when racing to 70 on new servers. Lots of thought went into this guide to ensure that getting from 60-70 is easy and quick.
If you prefer to use a reference guide instead, then please check out my Outland Reference guide in my members area main page. The reference guide lists a few things that this step-by-step guide does not, which are: The best grinding spots in Outland, complete maps for flight path locations, Alliance towns, quest givers, and dungeons. The reference guide also includes more quests that would have been skipped in this step-by-step guide.
Help me improve this guide!If you feel that some quests should contain additional information that would be helpful, or if you have any additions or find any errors in this guide, PLEASE contact me here, make sure you leave "Outland Guide Improvements" in the subject line so it filters correctly into my inbox. This guide is a work in progress, and I appreciate any feedback to make this guide better!
If you have any general questions or comments on anything, you can contact me here: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also visit my website: WWW.JOANASWORLD.COM
World of Warcraft™
If you are interested in making money referring people to buy my guide, you can follow the instructions on THIS PAGE HERE about how to do this, generally with my affiliate program you earn 50% of all the profit if you refer somebody to my site with your affiliate link that buys my guide! TALK ABOUT EASY MONEY!
LEGAL: Do not distribute this product in any way shape or form. Any theft or unauthorized reproduction of this Guide is prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted. Special markers have been encrypted into this guide to identify the original buyer. Be WARNED if you distribute this guide on the internet, I will know who it is.
PLEASE READ! (HOW TO USE THIS GUIDE):
This guide is an excellent step-by-step guide for how to level up in Outland.
More info on how to use this guide:
08) "Quest Name" (this quest has a yellow highlighted number) Quests that have a yellow highlighted number simply means it is numbered on the map to the right. This saves time because some quests are not numbered on the maps, so you know whether or not to look on the maps.
Links colored in blue are quests that are linked to both allakhazam and wowhead, you can see this by the last two letters in each quest link will take you to wowhead instead of Allakhazam. Mob links are colored in teal.
Links colored in maroon are internal guide links.
All video links are in RED, All videos are linked to both Stage6 and Google Video (the last letter in each short video link will take you to Google video instead). Now keep in mind Stage6 has MUCH higher video quality than Google video. Mirrors are provided if there is an issue with one of the links.
Guide Color Codes:
01) To enter the Outland, you must have the Burning Crusade Expansion pack, otherwise you are not allowed to enter it. To enter it, you have to go through Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands, from there you can enter the Outland.
03) Then enter the Dark Portal.
04) Before I get started, I want you to get a bit familiar of what is in store for you, as far as the paths you are going to take. Check the map out to the right for a basic guideline on the leveling paths you are going to take. Here is a quick and basic rundown of zones/levels:
08) 65-67 Nagrand
12) For reference, you can check out Blizzard's overview of Outland right here, you can get a good idea of where all the cities and dungeons are with this map.
| (Levels 60-70)|
01) First thing you'll notice in front of you is a bunch of HUGE demons killing a bunch of NPCs, no need to worry about it now.
04) Then Fly to Thrallmar...
05) Make Thrallmar your home.
04) "Disrupt Their Reinforcements" (the portals & mobs are directly east of this quest giver, Portal Xilus=70.45, Portal Kruul=74.38). Once it's done, turn it in ... accept "Mission: Gateways Murketh and Shaadraz"
05) "Mission: Gateways Murketh and Shaadraz" (talk to the NPC right next to you to get a wyvern to fly and bomb 2 portals, if you don't do it the first time, you can go and do it again.) Once it's done, turn it in ... accept "Mission: The Abyssal Shelf" and "Return to Thrallmar"
06) "Mission: The Abyssal Shelf" (very similar to the previous quest, except you have to bomb a bunch of mobs, see if you can do this all in one go!) (this quest is repeatable but you don't get any extra XP for it). Once done, turn it in.
07) "Return to Thrallmar" (simply return to Thrallmar now. Turn this in ... accept "Forge Camp: Mageddon". Also accept these quests in Thrallmar: "The Assassin" "Bonechewer Blood" "I Work... For the Horde!" "
11) "Bonechewer Blood" along with "I Work... For the Horde!" (go start doing these south of Thrallmar, 58.46). Once they are both done, turn them in ... accept "Burn It Up... For the Horde!" and "Apothecary Zelana"
14) "Spinebreaker Post" (Simply talk to Wing Commander Brack to fly to Spinebreaker Post)...
Get FP there.
07) "Boiling Blood" (the cauldron is at 65.71) along with "Wanted: Worg Master Kruush" (Kruush is at 68.73 in the worg stables). Once they are done, turn them in ... accept "Apothecary Antonivich" and "Zeth'Gor Must Burn!"
11) Hearth to Thrallmar.
02) "Outland Sucks!" (the spare parts are all along the ravine just south-west in those little boxes) (While doing this quest, kill Marauding Crust Bursters until they drop an Eroded Leather Case, which starts "Missing Missive" [this quest gets turned in later])
12) Go to Falcon Watch (at 26.61)
Get FP there.
01) Accept all quests there: (NOTE: Some of these quests require you to be lvl 61 to accept them) "Arelion's Journal" "Source of the Corruption" "In Need of Felblood" "Magic of the Arakkoa" "Trueflight Arrows" "Birds of a Feather" "Helping the Cenarion Post" "Report to Zurai" ("Wanted: Blacktalon the Savage" Wanted Poster)
03) Build up First Aid.
05) "The Road to Falcon Watch" (an escort quest that starts at 24.76 and you need to be lvl 61 to accept it) Turn this in along with "The Great Fissure" once you get back to Falcon Watch ... accept "A Pilgrim's Plight" and "Marking the Path"
08) GROUP ONLY: If you can find a group, then do "Wanted: Blacktalon the Savage" This quest is very hard to solo, you should find a group to help you kill him. The cave is at 33.64, I was finally able to solo it at level 65, so either find a group to help now, or you can come back later and try it at a higher level. And turn it in when you get the chance.
15) Go to Cenarion Post (15.52)...
02) "The Agony and the Darkness" along with "In Need of Felblood" and "Arelion's Journal" (These are all done at Pools of Aggonar, 38.40, Arelion's Journal is hanging on a tree limb at the Pools of Aggonar, 39.37)
04) Go to Thrallmar (Don't hearth).
10) Hearth to Thrallmar.
12) Fly to Falcon Watch.
16) Go to Falcon Watch.
19) Go to Cenarion Refuge in Zangarmarsh...
01) Accept all quests: "The Umbrafen Tribe" "Plants of Zangarmarsh" "The Dying Balance" "Disturbance at Umbrafen Lake" "Warden Hamoot" "Leader of the Darkcrest" (Wanted Poster) "Leader of the Bloodscale" (Wanted Poster)
02) Make Cenarion Refuge your home.
06) I then go into Shattrath City (only if you are level 62, if your not, then do this later until you are) and then use the portal to go to Orgrimmar.
08) Get new spells/abilities, also make sure you get Growl Rank7.
09) NOTE: If you have enough for your epic mount, then now would be a good time to go get it. You are going to need 540g for the training, and 90g for the mount, so 630g total. If you don't have enough then get it when ever you get the chance.
10) Then hearth back to Cenarion Refuge.
11) Go to Swamprat Post (85.54)...
Get FP there.
01) Go do all of the following:
10) Go to Cenarion Refuge...
11) Turn in all quests, accept all new ones: "The Dying Balance" "Disturbance at Umbrafen Lake" "Escape from Umbrafen" "Plants of Zangarmarsh" "The Umbrafen Tribe" "A Damp, Dark Place" "Saving the Sporeloks" "Safeguarding the Watchers"
17) Hearth back to Cenarion Refuge.
20) Go to Swamprat Post...
01) Turn in all quests, accept all new ones: "Thick Hydra Scales" "Menacing Marshfangs" "There's No Explanation for Fashion" "No More Mushrooms!" "A Job Undone" "Nothin' Says Lovin' Like a Big Stinger" "Report to Shadow Hunter Denjai" "Searching for Scout Jyoba" "News from Zangarmarsh"
07) Go to Zabra'jin (
Get FP there.
02) Accept all quests there: "Stinging the Stingers" "Angling to Beat the Competition" (Wanted Poster: "WANTED: Boss Grog'ak" "Wanted: Chieftain Mummaki" "Spirits of the Feralfen" "Burstcap Mushrooms, Mon!"
NOTE: Keep an eye out for Glow Cap Mushrooms, and collect 10 of them, you will need them for a later quest.
05) Go to Cenarion Watchpost (23.66)
12) Go to Sporeggar (at 19.52)...
02) Go do in any order:
08) Once "Stinging the Stingers" "Spirits of the Feralfen" and "Burstcap Mushrooms, Mon!" are done, go back to Zabra'jin and turn them all in ... accept "The Sharpest Blades" "Have You Ever Seen One of These?" and "A Spirit Ally?"
You should now be friendly with the Sporeggar, if you are not keep
killing mobs (or doing the repeatable quests) at the Spawning Glen
until you are. Then accept "
19) Hearth to Cenarion Refuge.
05) "Arelion's Mistrsse" The NPC to turn it into is right in the middle of the lower part of Falcon Watch, if the NPC is not there, it's because somebody else is doing the quest currently). Once done, turn it in.
06) Fly to Swamprat Post, Zangarmarsh.
02) Go to Cenarion Refuge...
04) Go back to Swamprat Post and fly to Zabra'jin..
05) Make Zabra'jin your home.
14) Go back to Zabra'jin and turn in all quests and accept new ones: turn in "The Biggest of Them All" "Pursuing Terrorclaw" "Have You Ever Seen One of These?" "Impending Attack" and "Wanted: Chieftain Mummaki" ... accept "Us or Them" "Message to the Daggerfen"
15) Go turn in "
18) Once they are done, hearth to Zabra'jin.
21) Go back to Zabra'jin and then fly to Swamprat Post.
22) Go directly south on the path into Terokkar Forest...
63-65 Terokkar Forest
08) Go to Stonebreaker Hold.. (at 48.45)
10) Make it your new home.
11) Accept all the quests: "Stymying the Arakkoa" "Surrender to the Horde" "Speak with Scout Neftis" "Arakkoa War Path" "An Unwelcome Presence" "Magical Disturbances" "Olemba Seed Oil" "Vestments of the Wolf Spirit" "Wanted: Bonelashers Dead!" (Wanted Poster)
03) Then work on finishing up "Vestments of the Wolf Spirit" "Olemba Seed Oil" and "Magical Disturbances". When you get the chance, turn in "
04) "The Firewing Liaison" (she is in the building at 67.53). IMPORTANT: make sure you pick up the "Fel Orc Plans" scroll lying on the ground next to Lisaile Fireweaver, which starts "An Unseen Hand". Then go back and turn in "The Firewing Liaison"
05) Hearth to Stonebreaker Hold.
13) Then go into Shattrath City...
02) Get FP there at 63.42
03) "A'dal" (Turn this in directly in the middle of the city) ... i skip "
NOTE: Make sure you save 30 Arakkoa feathers, they will be used for a later quest.
09) Hearth to Stonebreaker Hold.
16) Hearth to Stonebreaker Hold, if hearthstone is still on a cooldown, just run back.
NOTE: For hunters: When you turn level 64 tame a lvl 64 Dreadfang Widow for Bite rank9 and a Scorpid Bonecrawler for Claw Rank9 (they are just south of the Stonebreaker Hold)
20) Go to the Refugee Caravan (37.49)...
17) Go to Sha'tari Base Camp (at 31.76)...
08) GROUP: If you can find a partner or two, you can do "Terokkarantula" Or you can try to solo it if you think you're skilled enough. If not, then it can be skipped. If you did it, then turn it in and accept "Return to Sha'tari Base Camp"
12) Go accept "I See Dead Draenei" (accept this at 35.65)
01) Go west into Bleeding Hollow Ruins and do:
07) GROUP: if you still have a group then do "Skywing" (obtained at 53.72) (you have to fight an elite mob at the end) (the elite mob is hard to solo at lvl 63-65, so you may need a group to help or do it later)
12) Hearth to Stonebreaker Hold.
13) Turn in "Wanted: Bonelashers Dead!" ... if you have a GROUP, you can accept and do "Torgos!" (He's not too hard to solo if it wasn't for all the adds) (Trachela is at 42.52) (Torgos is flying up in the air at 26.58). This quest can be skipped or done later at a higher level if your soloing it. Once done turn it in.
04) NOTE: For the sake of this guide, I will focus on Scryers and getting their reputation up rather than Aldor, it really doesn't matter a whole lot which faction you go with, they each have their ups and downs for items etc..
SCRYERS ONLY: you should be able to accept and do the following quests
in Shattrath City (mainly for Scryer rep) Please note that you
must do the "
11) Then go to Nagrand, leave west out of Shattrath City (there is an entrance to Nagrand there).. (NOTE: IF your REP is to low with the Aldor, then you will not be able to go this way, you will have to go around)
01) Go to Nesingwary Safari (at 71.40). This tends to be the first place I stop at and start working on.
07) Then go do all of the following in any particular order:
14) Go to Garadar..
01) Get FP there.
02) Make it your new home.
03) Accept all quests in Garadar: "Missing Mag'hari Procession" "The Throne of the Elements" "The Impotent Leader" "Proving Your Strength" "Vile Idolatry" "The Missing War Party" "Murkblood Leaders..." (Wanted Poster: "Wanted: Giselda the Crone" and "Wanted: Zorbo the Advisor") ("The Consortium Needs You!" at 51.34) NOTE: some of these quests may require you to be level 65 in order to accept them, so you may have to come back later and accept them.
05) Then go up north-west and do all of the following in any particular order:
You can really rack up some quick XP doing the following quests, however you are going to need a group to help you do them all as they are not soloable, if you cant find a group then they will have to be skipped. You can come back later if you find a group to do them:
________________________These are all done at 42.20
03) Hearth to Garadar.
02) GROUP: If you have a group, you can accept and do "Bring Me The Egg!" (there is an egg up in the nest that you need to pick up, you then have to fight an elite mob which is hard to solo) (to get to the nest is actually very easy if you have an epic mount, watch this video to see how to get up there)
01) Go back into Nagrand..
03) NOTE: If the "Howling Wind" item has not dropped from the wind elementals yet, then keep grinding away at them until one of them drops it.
06) Hearth to Garadar. If hearthstone is still on a cooldown, just run there.
03) Once they are both done, hearth to Garadar. If hearthstone is still on a cooldown, just run there.
05) Go west and do the following:
08) Go to the Mag'hari Procession (32.36)...
15) Go do all the following at Sunspring Post (31.44):
22) Go to Aeris Landing (31.57)
02) Go do all of the following south at Oshu'Gun:
01) Hearth to Garadar.
02) Turn in all quests: "The Totem of Kar'dash" "An Audacious Advance" "Bleeding Hollow Supply Crates" "Vile Idolatry" "Murkblood Leaders..." ... accept all new ones: "Diplomatic Measures" "He Called Himself Altruis..."
06) Go up to Nesingwary Safari (at 71.40) and turn in any of the Elite quests you did: "Windroc Mastery" (Gutripper), "Talbuk Mastery" (Bach'lor), "Clefthoof Mastery" (Banthar). If you turned all three of them in, you get to accept "The Ultimate Bloodsport"
13) NOTE: I personally skip the rest of this quest chain when racing to 70. but if you can find a good group, you can do all of the following quests pretty quick for some good XP:
20) Hearth to Garadar.
22) GROUP: If you can find a full group then you can accept and do "Wanted: Durn the Hungerer" (Durn pretty much requires a full group to beat him) along with "The Ultimate Bloodsport" (since they are done in the same area, Tusker is located at 44.66). Once they are done turn them in.
01) The last thing to do in Nagrand is to turn in anyOshu'gun Crystal Powder Samples you have for the quest "Oshu'gun Crystal Powder" (this quest is repeatable for extra XP! So turn in as many as you can) (the NPC only appears if the Horde has control over Halaa, so you can only turn this in when the Horde has control of the base)
02) At this point, you can either fly to Shattrath and then port to a City to get new spells/abilities, THEN/OR..
03) Fly to Swamprat Post, Zangarmarsh.
04) Go up into Blade's Edge Mountains. The entrance to Blade's Edge is in Zangarmarsh at 68.32...
67-68 Blade's Edge Mountains
The entrance to Blade's Edge is in Zangarmarsh at 68.32
02) Then go to Thunderlord Stronghold (51.58)
01) Get FP there at 52.54 and make Thunderlord Stronghold your new home.
06) "They Stole Me Hookah and Me Brews!" (the Hookah is at 42.81) (the brews are dropped from Bloodmaul Brewmasters and Bloodmaul Brew Keg objects around the Bloodmaul Ravine). Once it's done, turn it in ... accept "Bladespire Kegger"
07) "The Bladespire Threat" along with "Bladespire Kegger" (done at Bladespire Hold, around 40.55). NOTE: an item should drop while doing this quest, which starts: "Thunderlord Clan Artifacts" (Arrow=41.52 go up the stone ramp, Drum=40.58 Tablet=41.46)
10) Hearth to Thunderlord Stronghold.
01) Turn in all quests, accept all new ones: turn in "Felling an Ancient Tree" "The Bladespire Threat" "The Encroaching Wilderness" "Thunderlord Clan Artifacts" ... accept "The Bloodmaul Ogres" "Dust from the Drakes" "Vision Guide"
05) Once they are all done, hearth to Thunderlord Stronghold. If hearthstone is still on a cooldown, just run there.
09) Go to Evergrove (61.39)..
01) Get FP there at 61.39
04) "...and a Time for Action" along with "Poaching from Poachers" (these are done in the area west of Ruuan Weald). While doing these quests you should find an item ("Meeting Note") which starts: "Did You Get The Note?" (The item drops from a Wyrmcult Hewer or Poacher). Once all three are done, turn them all in ... accept "Whelps of the Wyrmcult" and "Wyrmskull Watcher"
05) "Creating the Pendant" (keep killing the arakkoa at Veil Ruuan, at 64.32 for six claws, then use them at the green circle, kill the mob that comes out). Once done, turn it in ... accept "Whispers of the Raven God"
08) "Whispers of the Raven God" (First=39.17 up in the tree house, Second=42.21 up in the tree house, Third=40.18 on the ground, Forth=40.23 on the ground). While doing this quest, you should find an item which starts "The Truth Unorbed"
11) Once they are done, hearth to Thunderlord Stronghold.
12) Fly to Evergrove.
16) Go to Mok'Nathal Village (74.63)..
01) Get FP there at 76.65
02) Make Mok'Nathal Village your new home.
07) Turn in all quests at Mok'Nathal Village (74.63) and accept new ones: turn in "The Stones of Vekh'nir" "Silkwing Cocoons" "The Softest Wings" ... accept "Understanding the Mok'Nathal" and "Trial and Error"
10) Turn in all quests at Mok'Nathal Village (74.63) and accept new ones: turn in "Trial and Error" and "Understanding the Mok'Nathal" ... accept "Ruuan Weald" "Since Time Forgotten..." and "The Totems of My Enemy"
13) Once they are done, hearth back to Mok'Nathal Village.
02) "Spirit Calling" along with "Slay the Brood Mother" (Dreadwing is at around 65.78) (the Nether Drakes are at around 63.77) (use your 5 totems wisely, you can go get more but you should use the 5 totems to get all 8 spirits)
03) Once they are done, hearth back to Mok'Nathal Village. If hearthstone is still on a cooldown, just run back.
06) Once that is done, hearth back to Mok'Nathal Village. If hearthstone is still on a cooldown, just run back.
10) Once that is done, hearth back to Mok'Nathal Village. If hearthstone is still on a cooldown, just run back.
12) Fly to Thunderlord Stronghold.
13) Make Thunderlord Stronghold your new home.
15) Fly to Evergrove.
01) Turn in all quest, accept new ones: (turn in "Damaged Mask" ... accept "Mystery Mask"), turn in "Ruuan Weald" "Culling the Wild" "Mystery Mask" "Little Embers" and "From the Ashes" ... accept "Felsworn Gas Mask"
03) Then go back to Evergrove and fly to Thunderlord Stronghold.
08) Fly to Evergrove.
11) Once they are done, go back to Evergrove and then fly to Thunderlord Stronghold.
13) Fly to Evergrove.
01) "Felsworn Gas Mask" (The Legion Communicator is at 73.39, and you need to equip the gas mask to activate it, if you do not have the mask you can get another one from the NPC in Evergrove). Once you turn that in ... accept "Deceive thy Enemy"
08) Once that is done, hearth to Thunderlord Stronghold, if hearthstone is still on a cooldown, just die on purpose and res at the spirit healer.
10) Fly to Evergrove.
12) GROUP: If you can find a group, you can accept and do "Prisoner of the Bladespire" (the cage and the ogres to kill are at 65.19). Once that is done, hearth (or go back) and turn it in ... accept and do "Showdown" (the altar is at 64.18). Once that is done, hearth (or go back) and turn it in. These quests can be soloed but it generally is not easy and could take awhile. I personally skip these when racing to 70.
13) Fly to Evergrove.
14) Go into Netherstorm (entrance is at the top right of Blades Edge, 81.28)...
02) Go to Area 52 (32.26)..
01) Get FP there at 33.63 (It's outside of the town)
02) Make Area 52 your new home.
04) Accept ALL other quests in Area 52: "Consortium Crystal Collection" "The Archmage's Staff" "Securing the Shaleskin Shale" (Wanted Poster: "Wanted: Annihilator Servo!" and "Breaking Down Netherock")
09) Go up to the Ruins of Enkaat (31.56)..
11) Accept and do "Mark V is Alive!" (this escort quest was easy but long, if the robot is not there, that means someone else is currently doing the escort quest). Once this is done, turn it in. While doing this escort work on finishing the following:
13) "Recharging the Batteries" (make sure you use the blaster on the Phase Hunters right when they have very little health left) (The phase hunters are around the northern edges of the Ruins of Enkaat). Once done, turn it in.
08) Go back to Area 52 and turn in all quests and accept new ones: turn in "Essence for the Engines" "Pick Your Part" "Wanted: Annihilator Servo!" "A Heap of Ethereals" "Securing the Shaleskin Shale" ... accept "Elemental Power Extraction" "In A Scrap With The Legion" "Help Mama Wheeler" "Warp-Raider Nesaad" "That Little Extra Kick"
10) NOTE: Any time you see a Nether Ray, stop and kill it for the quest "That Little Extra Kick" (Nether Rays are sporadic all around Netherstorm). Don't have to finish all of it now. Once it's done, turn it in the next time you get to Area 52.
15) Hearth to Area 52.
16) Turn in all quests and accept new ones: turn in "Warp-Raider Nesaad" "Elemental Power Extraction" ("Invaluable Asset Zapping" turn in at 34.68) ("Breaking Down Netherock" if you did it) ... accept "Request for Assistance" "Dr. Boom!"
18) Next go down to the southern island (50.83)..
For such a small little area, you are going to have a LOT of quests to do here!
05) Go do the following just east, in any order:
09) Keep an eye out for four specific mobs that drops four items that each start a quest, these are the mobs/quests you need to find:
01) Go do all the following quests at the Wizard Row area, 55.87, it don't matter what order:
09) "Ar'kelos the Guardian" (tower is at 58.86, you can't miss it) (to turn this in, you have to talk to Vargoth himself, not the image, he is at the top of the tower). After you turn it in ... accept "Finding the Keymaster"
10) GROUP: If or when you find a group, you can do "Finding the Keymaster" (Apex is at around 52.68) (then use the crystal at the top of the Violet Tower). The next quest of this chain is: "Capturing the Keystone"
11) Then hearth to Area 52 and stock back up/repair.
12) Then go east to Midrealm Post (46.56)..
01) Turn in all quests and accept new ones there: turn in "Request for Assistance" "Help Mama Wheeler" ... accept "Drijya Needs Your Help" "Rightful Repossession" "One Demon's Trash..." "Run a Diagnostic!" "New Opportunities" "Keeping Up Appearances"
02) Go down to (48.63) and turn in "Drijya Needs Your Help" ... accept and do "Sabotage the Warp-Gate!" (I managed to solo this escort quest at level 68). Try to find a group to do this quest, or do it whenever you can find someone to help as it is not easy.
05) Then go back to Midrealm Post (46.56) and turn in "Rightful Repossession" "One Demon's Trash..." and ("Sabotage the Warp-Gate!" if you did it) ... accept "An Audience with the Prince" "Declawing Doomclaw"
08) ("Deal With the Saboteurs" this is done around the little lake at Midrealm Post) along with "New Opportunities" and "Keeping Up Appearances" (these are all done in Midrealm Post, 46.56). Once they are all done, turn them all in ... accept "To the Stormspire" and "The Dynamic Duo"
05) Go up into Stormspire..
06) Get FP there at 45.34
07) Make Stormspire your new home.
08) Turn in all quests and accept all new quests in Stormspire:
14) Hearth to The Stormspire.
22) Once those are done, head south east to Protectorate Watch Post (58.31)..
03) Then enter Access Shaft Zeon (the entrance is at 60.45) and do: "The Flesh Lies..." along with "A Not-So-Modest Proposal" (The Power Pack is right next to Agent Ya-six). While in there obtain "Arconus the Insatiable" from Agent Ya-six in the northern part of the cave.
16) Go do the following up and around Manaforge Ultris:
01) Go do the following at the Ethereum Staging Grounds, 55.39, it don't matter what order:
10) "Escape from the Staging Grounds" (Escort quest that starts in the Ethereum Staging Grounds, it starts at 57.37 and a lot of time he is not there either because someone else is doing the escort, or he disappears for some reason.)
12) Then go down south to Cosmowrench (65.66)..
01) Get FP there.
04) Then hearth to The Stormspire.
01) Turn in all quests and accept all new quests in Stormspire: turn in "Success!" "The Minions of Culuthas" "Fel Reavers, No Thanks!" "Surveying the Ruins" "Retrieving the Goods" ... accept "The Best Defense"
03) Then go to Tuluman's Landing (34.37)..
09) Once all those are done, go back to Tuluman's Landing (34.37) and turn in all quests and accept new ones: turn in "Triangulation Point Two" "Dealing with the Overmaster" and "Neutralizing the Nethermancers" ... accept "Full Triangle"
10) Then hearth to The Stormspire.
14) Fly to Area 52.
18) GROUP: If you can find a group, you can do "You, Robot". Once done, turn it in.
19) Netherstorm is now done.
20) At this point, you can either fly to Shattrath and then port to a City to get new spells/abilities, afterwards/or fly to Stonebreaker Hold in Terokkar Forest, and then go east into Shadowmoon Valley.
69-70 Shadowmoon Valley
01) NOTE: You should be fairly close to level 70 now, and may hit it at any point in this guide. But for the sake of it, I will still continue on and list all the steps to take for Shadowmoon Valley. Also when you hit 70, you can buy flying mounts in Shadowmoon Village, which are pretty sweet.
02) Go to Shadowmoon Village (30.32)
03) Accept all quests there: "Besieged!" "The Sketh'lon Wreckage" "What Strange Creatures..." "A Haunted History" "The Hand of Gul'dan" "A Grunt's Work..." "The Path of Conquest" and (Wanted Poster: "Wanted: Uvuros, Scourge of Shadowmoon")
04) Get FP there.
05) Make it your new home.
10) "Capture the Weapons" (You need to kill the two elite mobs at Legion Hold, I was able to solo both of them at lvl 69) If you have problems killing them, either find a group, or you can simply skip it. Once I complete this quest turn it in, but I skip the rest of this quest chain.
03) Once all those are done, go back to Shadowmoon Village and turn in all quests and accept new ones: turn in "The Sketh'lon Wreckage" "What Strange Creatures..." "A Haunted History" "A Grunt's Work..." ... accept "Find the Deserter" "Frankly, It Makes No Sense..." "Spectrecles"
(use the Spectrecles item to kill the zealots in Shadowmoon Village,
you can then spot them easily by the yellow mist coming off of
them). Once done, turn it in ... accept "
16) Next, go to Sanctum of the Stars (at 56.58)..
01) NOTE: This is for Scryers only. The Aldor town is north-east at 62.30.
02) Get FP there.
06) "Seek Out Neltharaku" (Neltharaku is flying up in the air above Netherwing Fields) (so you need to be lvl 70 with a flying mount to turn this in and to continue the rest of this quest chain, I personally skip it when racing to 70 for obvious reasons. If you want to continue with this quest chain, then check out my Outland reference guide)
07) Go to The Altar of Shadows (at 58.70) and turn in "
08) "Divination: Gorefiend's Truncheon" (the Truncheon drops from a Ghostrider of Karabor, they can be found mostly around the eastern path of Shadowmoon Valley you need to wear the Spectrecles to see them)
14) Hearth to Shadowmoon Village.
01) Next, go to Sanctum of the Stars (at 56.58) and turn in all quests and accept new ones: turn in "Karabor Training Grounds" "Tablets of Baa'ri" "The Ashtongue Broken" ... accept "A Necessary Distraction" "Oronu the Elder" (i SKIP the "The Great Retribution")
02) Make it your new home.
06) Hearth to Sanctum of the Stars.
10) NOTE: for the purposes of this guide, I assume you are not level 70 yet, so you won't be able to do "Divination: Gorefiend's Armor" (you need to kill Vhel'kur, you need to be lvl 70 to fly over to Netherwing Ledge or be summoned there by a Warlock). If you do get summoned by a warlock and able to complete it, good, then turn it in.
18) Hearth to Sanctum of the Stars.
20) GROUP, if you can find a group, you can do "Wanted: Uvuros, Scourge of Shadowmoon" (Uvuros is at 55.48). A trick to beating him, is keep running from him while dotting/hitting it, he moves fairly slow and you can beat him very easily that way.
23) "Akama" (just drop down in the water, you will see a little passageway to get to Akama). Once you get to him, turn it in ... i SKIP "Seer Udalo" (this is for the Tempest Keep instance, so you can accept this quest though)
24) Then go back to Sanctum of the Stars.
25) Fly to Shadowmoon Village.
27) At this point, you should be level 70 by now, if not, then you can grind the rest of the way to 70 on anything you like, my preference is the Shadow Council Warlocks at Legion Hold (22.38) since they die very fast.
28) And that's that :) Go get your flying mount in Shadowmoon Village and start doing all the wonderful instances in Outland.
check the bottom of my 1-60 guide for general tips/tricks on how to
level faster, along with hunter specific tips/tricks. |
COMING SOON: Recorded 1-70 speed runs!
Help me improve this guide!
If you feel that some quests should contain additional information that would be helpful, or if you have any additions or find any errors in this guide, PLEASE contact me here, make sure you leave "Outland Guide Improvements" in the subject line so it filters correctly into my inbox. I appreciate any feedback to make this guide better!
MORE GUIDES: To check out more World of Warcraft guides that are decent buys, you can check out Brian's 1-70 Alliance Guide if you need an alliance guide which is somewhat similar to mine, Valkor's Gold Making Guide, which is great if you need a gold guide, and also the Ultimate World Of Warcraft Guide, this guide can give you some more pointers on the classes and such. Last I highly recommend Penn's Ultimate Crafting Guide. If you enjoy crafting as much as I do, then this guide is a must!