- Quote Pablo Casals Wildphotos Camp Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2013
- Wildphotos Crew Phil West, Sharna Balfour, Daryl Balfour, Sharna's Sister, Pierre Burton Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2013
- Wildphotos Crew Pierre Burton Daryl Balfour, Alex Rostocil Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2014
- Elephant watch Camp Guides Simon and Serenoy Samburu National Reserve Kenya 2014
- Wildphotos Camp - Tent Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2013
- Western white-bearded wildebeest Crossing Mara River Connochaetes taurinus mearnsi Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2013
- White Faced Duck Dendrocygna viduata Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2013
- Nyamera (also called Topi) lunatus jimela Maasai Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2014
- Wildphotos Camp - Mess Tent Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2013
- African Lion Panthera leo Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2015
- The Bateleur eagle Terathopius ecaudatus Samburu National Reserve Kenya 2015
- African Bush Elephant Loxodonta africana Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2015
- Scared Ibis Threskiornis aethiopicus Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2015
- Maasai Giraffe Giraffa camelopardalis tippelskirchi Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya 2015
- Grevy's Zebra Equus grevyi Samburu National Reserve Kenya 2015
"Look deep, deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." ― Albert Einstein
This site is designed to let you know of my interest in the African environment and photography.
Photography in any form is about the science, art and practice of capturing the moment, in away that it appeals to your target audience. As the great photographers Ansel Adams and Karl Lagerfeld said;
“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams
“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” - Karl Lagerfeld
More importantly to me photography allows me to be out there experiencing and immersing myself in that moment. Each time I take a photograph or experience a moment I keep in mind that; "Each second we live is a new unique moment a moment that will never be again". This is a taken from that famous quote by Pablo Casals as it has influenced my outlook on life since reading it in the Wildphotos camp of Daryl and Sharna Balfour:
“Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach them what they are? We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michaelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel? You must work, we must all work, to make the world worthy of its children.”
I hope you get as much enjoyment out of viewing this site as I have creating it and travelling to Africa to collect the photographs and information that it contains.
I’m an amateur wildlife photographer and image editor living in Australia.
Since 2000 I have travelled through out many parts of Africa, including Uganda , Kenya , Tanzania , Malawi , Zambia , Zimbabwe , Namibia , Botswana , Swaziland , Lesotho and South Africa as well as Madagascar.
Each year I spend 3-4 weeks on Safari in Africa taking wildlife photo's and enjoying the people and environment.
Some other quotes I like are as follows:
“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.” ― Ansel Adams
“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.” ― Ansel Adams
“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” ― Ansel Adams
“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson
“To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.” ― Edward Weston